- Category: FFC Events
- Published on Wednesday, 29 July 2015 19:44
- Written by Garry LEGAULT
- Hits: 2763
'Calgary Stampede and Southern Alberta Heritage'
This web page was last updated on Thursday, Mar. 31, 2016.
'Mountain Sheep near Banff' 'Moraine Lake' 'Bar-U Ranch Scene' 'Stampede Chucks' 'Gondola in Banff'
MAIN INDEX for this Web Page:
B- "Exchange Makeup"
C- "Themed Exchange Writeup"
D- "Instructions on how to apply, selection, payment and additional links for further information"
Message from the Administrative ED:
Welcome to Southern Alberta, Canada! From June 26 to July 13, 2016 three Friendship Force clubs are hosting an 18 day Global Themed Exchange “Calgary Stampede and Southern Alberta Heritage”. You will spend time with home hosts in Medicine Hat, Lethbridge and Calgary Region, as well as 3 days in Banff National Park located in the beautiful Canadian Rocky Mountains.
This exchange is for YOU if you enjoy:
¶ spectacular scenery
¶ world class UNESCO heritage sites
¶ a variety of cultural experiences
¶ meeting people from around the world
¶ fun, laughter, making new friends and
¶ The “Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth”.
Thank you for your interest in this very special Global Themed Exchange.
And lastly, do sign up at your earliest convenience as space is limited.
B- "Exchange Makeup"
• Exchange Dates: June 26 to July 13, 2016.
• FFI's Exchange No.: 12757. Note that you will need this number when dealing with FFI for this Exchange.
• Planning Committees:
A- Calgary -
- Joyce NELSON - Administrative ED Cheryl WORTHY - Exchange ED
- Calgary Planning Committee Members (7 in total) -
- Donna BOWMAN- - Deanne KONDRAT - - Bobbi WITTAKER - - Jannette DALEY - - Faye GOSLING - Jeanette NEWTON & - Garry LEGAULT -
B- Lethbridge -
- Barb CLARKE - Lethbridge ED
- Enid GOM - Lethbridge Planning Committee Member
C- - Medicine Hat -
- Judy MORRIS - Medicine Hat Planning Committee Member
C- "Our Themed Exchange writeup that you may have already seen on FFI's Catalogue of Events web page":
- page 1 of 2 - (To download this page in PDF Format ckick here )
- page 2 of 2 - (To download this page in PDF Format ckick here )
D- "Instructions on how to apply, selection, payment and additional links for further information:
Applying for the “Calgary Stampede and Southern Alberta Heritage": Global Themed Exchange:
Applications should be submitted as soon as possible. All initial applications have been reviewed. Subsequent applications will be reviewed within 2 weeks of receipt and applicants will then be advised of their acceptance. Once notified of acceptance a Non-refundable deposit of $700.00 USD must be sent to Friendship Force International at http://catalog.thefriendshipforce.org/index.php/site/payments (click here to access that web link and pay your Downpayment Fee online) within 10 days of notification of acceptance in order to secure accommodations and tickets. The balance of $1300.00 USD must be sent to FFI at http://catalog.thefriendshipforce.org/index.php/site/payments (click here to pay access that web link and pay the Balance of your Exchange Fees online) by April 15, 2016".
Total cost of this exchange is $2000.00 USD and includes all club and FFI fees; Commercial accommodation for the night of June 26th in Calgary including breakfast the following morning; Coach Service for travel to Medicine Hat, Lethbridge, and Banff and Home hosting in Medicine Hat, Lethbridge and Calgary. Banff includes: three nights commercial accommodation; 3 breakfasts; Gondola ride; Lake Cruise; Ice fields; and Glacier Adventure & Skywalk.
For additional information click on these web sites:
• Medicine Hat Friendship Force: http://friendshipforcemedicinehat.org/
• Lethbridge Friendship Force: http://www.friendshipforceoflethbridge.org/
• Travel Alberta: http://travelalberta.com/
• Banff National Park: http://banffnationalpark.com/
• Waterton National Park UNESCO Heritage Site: http://mywaterton.ca/
• Bar U Ranch: http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/lhn-nhs/ab/baru/index.aspx
• Calgary Stampede: http://www.calgarystampede.com/
• Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump World Heritage Site: http://www.history.alberta.ca/headsmashedin/
• Medalta National Historic Site: http://medalta.org/
• Spruce Meadows: http://www.sprucemeadows.com/